We don’t always have the time to whip up something for dessert that is extravagant and that Jamie Oliver would die over. However we can always make something special that the family is sure to enjoy! Cheese cake is definitely something you could easily pair up with a few different dishes, and most importantly it is not time consuming to make.
You can always add a little twist to the normal cheese cake by adding lemon to give a little zest into your dessert. Here is a very simple and easy recipe you could try out once in a while, it serves 12 and it won’t be a headache to try. Hope you enjoy
1 x 200 g packet Marie biscuits
1 tsp (5 ml) grated lemon rind or ½ tsp ground mixed spice
1 tbsp (15 ml) hot water
3 tbsp (45 ml) soft tub margarine, melted
1 x 385 g tin condensed milk
½ cup (125 ml) lemon juice
1 x 250 g tub plain smooth low-fat cottage cheese
- Place biscuits in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin or a small glass.
- Mix biscuit crumbs with lemon rind in a mixing bowl and add water and margarine.
- Stir to bind it together.
- Press onto the base and sides of a 22 cm pie dish and place in the fridge until needed.
- Mix condensed milk and lemon juice in a mixing bowl until thickened and stir in the cottage cheese.
- Pour filling over the biscuit base and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve with any fresh lemon as a topping or any other fruit.
See?! Nothing too complicated or too fancy to try. Anyone could easily make this without any fear of turning it into a disaster. Leave us a comment and let us know how it went for you.