I can’t stress how important green leaf vegetables are for our diets enough, and so I am going to be giving you guys the health benefits of the top leafy greens, so that you guys know what you are eating and how it will benefit your health.
This week we are focusing on Swiss Chard which is known by few different names like Spinach Beet or Romans Kale amongst many other names. This vegetable is part of the goosefoot family just like beets and spinach. Just like Kale this leafy green is a powerhouse when it comes to the nutrients it contains. Here are some of the benefits you will gain by adding it to your diet.
1. One cup of Swiss Chard contains just 40 Calories.
2. High in Iron which makes it great for women as our bodies require more iron than men. Just like Kale it is great for treating Anaemic patients.
3. Contains Antioxidants like Beta-Carotene which is an essential disease fighting antioxidant.
4. Helps with regulating blood sugar in those who are Diabetic. It contains syringic acid as well as finer and both of these play a big part in regulating blood sugar.
5. Contains cancer reducing properties that can help prevent or reduce the risk of getting cancer.
6. Swiss chard is High in Vitamin K which is essential for forming Mayelin sheath which is the later of protection covering our nerves.
7. Contains Calcium which helps build strong bones just like Kale and other leafy greens.
8. Contains Biotin which is great for hair growth and strength.
9. It is High in Vitamin C as well which is great for the immune system and hair as well
10. Lutein which is one of the antioxidants contain in Swiss Chard, is also beneficial to eye health. One cup of this vegetable will help reduce or delay age related eye deterioration.