Hello everyone I hope you guys are having an awesome Tuesday so far, I have a great top ten for you this week and its all eyes on Kelp! Yup, I am still on that green leafy tip and today we are going to be looking at how adding this seaweed into your diet will benefit your overall health.
- Kelp is the number one herb for supplementing iodine. It is a natural source of iodine which we need for efficient thyroid and pituitary function.
- Kelp is also a natural diuretic, and this help clean out the system which assists in shedding water weight.
- Kelp also helps to strengthen nails and is great for hair growth.
- Kelp is packed with iron and just like many other green leafy plants it is highly recommended for those suffering from anemia and is great for women in general as they need more iron than men.
- Kelp is also very helpful in fighting off infections and building a strong immune system to fight off colds and flu’s amongst other things.
- Kelp helps boost metabolism, increasing the rate at which the body digests food. This is great for weight management and weight loss.
- Kelp is incredibly high in calcium, which can help reduce the risk of getting osteoporosis.
- Kelp contains fucoidan, which is a carbohydrate that works as an anti-inflammatory. Kelp helps reduce painful joints in arthritis patients
- Kelp has high nitrogen levels because it is found in cold water which strengthens the walls of blood vessels and thus improves the body’s circulatory system.
- Kelp is a great cleanser so add it to your detox days.
I hope you found this insightful and helpful. Kelp can be found in some supermarkets and can be consumed raw, cooked or can be taken as a supplement. Please consult a doctor before going on any form of medication.