The blueberry is a flowering shrub that produces berries that are colored blue which is why they are called blueberries. Just like it’s relatives, cranberries and rasberries, they contain countless benefits. From being beneficial to your skin to preventing possible diseases and infections, blueberries are a powerful fruit that can play a big role in improving your health.
1. Blueberries have lower calories which is great for a weightloss diet. You can add them to a morning smoothy or add them to your cereal daily.
2. Blueberries are very high in fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K amongst other nutrients.
3. Antioxidants like polyphenols contained in blueberries, protect our bodies from damage by free radicals which contribute to aging and diseases.
4. Blueberries Protect Cholesterol in The Blood from oxidation. The antioxidants in blueberries have been shown to protect the “bad” cholesterol from oxidative damage, a crucial step in the pathway towards heart disease.
5. Blueberries can lower blood pressure. Regular blueberry intake has been shown to lower blood pressure.
6. Blueberries prevent heart disease. There is some evidence that regular blueberry consumption can help prevent heart attacks
7. Blueberries can improve memory
The antioxidants in blueberries seem to have benefits for the brain, helping to improve brain function and delaying age-related decline.
8. Anthocyanins in Blueberries Can Have Anti-Diabetic Effects. Several studies have shown that blueberries have anti-diabetic effects, helping to improve insulin sensitivity and lower blood sugar levels.
9. Blueberries help prevent urinary tract infections. Certain substances in blueberries stop bacteria from binding to the walls of the tract.
10. Blueberries May Help Reduce Muscle Damage After Strenuous Exercise
blueberries accelerated muscle recovery after strenuous leg exercises
Leave us a comment below and give us your takeon the article. Feel free to add links to blueberry recipes in the comment box. We would love to hear from you guys.