Here is a hearty meal to warm you up this coming winter! I hope you guys enjoy it this pumpkin chilli thoroughly and let us know what you think by leaving us a comment below.
PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME :2 hours
TOTAL TIME :2 hours 20 mins
1 ground turkey (extra lean)
6 small links chicken maple sausage
1 sweet onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 can red kidney beans
1 can pumpkin purée
1 can diced tomatoes
½ cup chicken broth
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp oregano1 tsp cumin
2 tsp brown sugar
½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
4 Tbsp olive oil
Sea Salt and pepper to taste
Grated cheddar cheese
Green onions sliced
1. Start by thinly slicing your sausages or taking it off the casing, if you can. Reserve with the ground turkey.
2. In a large heavy bottomed pot, add 2 Tbsp of olive oil and sauté the garlic and the onion until translucent.
3. Add the bell peppers and sauté for about 5 minutes. Reserve. In the same pot, add 2 more Tbsp of olive oil and brown the ground turkey and sausage. Seaon with sea salt and pepper.
4. Once the meat is browned, add back the vegetables and then add the diced tomatoes, the pumpkin, the beans and all the spices.
5. Add the chicken broth and stir.Lower the heat to low and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
6. Adjust salt and pepper. Serve it with some grated cheddar cheese, some sliced green onions and a dollop of sour cream