Hi everyone. I have a tasty treat for you to round up our Spring recipes and it’s called The Spring Biscotti. I’m sure you will love it, it’s delicious and isn’t all that hard to make. Enjoy.
Prep 25 m
Cook 45 m
Ready In 1 h 30 m
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon orange zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, 1 egg white
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 ounces white chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 1/4 cups pistachio nuts
1) In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, orange zest, and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
2) Mix in eggs and egg white one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3) Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually blend into the creamed mixture using a wooden spoon.
4) Stir in the white chocolate, dried cranberries, and pistachios. Cover, and chill for 30 minutes, or until dough is no longer sticky.
5) Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface, and divide into halves.
6) Form each half into a flattish log about 12 inches long by 3 inches wide. Arrange logs at least 3 inches apart on baking sheet.
7) Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven, or until pale gold. Allow logs to cool on the baking sheet until cool enough to handle. On a cutting board, cut logs crosswise on a diagonal into 1 inch thick slices. Arrange on baking sheet.
8) Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until golden. Transfer biscotti to wire racks, and cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.