Hi Everyone, Autumn is coming to an end but before we go into exploring warmer dishes, here is a fun receipe to try out. It is easy to make Chipotle Wraps that take less than an hour to make. The delicious spicy dish is sure to add just enough warmth and the taste and flavour would be a sure hit with a lot of people out there. Try it out and let us know what you think.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Two tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 romaine lettuce leaves
Total Preparation time for Chipotle wraps 45 m
- Firstly blend tomato sauce, water, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chilli powder, oregano, and 1 teaspoon sea salt together in a blender until sauce is smooth.
- Then your heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium heat; cook and stir onions, green bell peppers, and a pinch salt until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add ground beef and increase heat to medium-high; cook and stir until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Mix garlic and sauce into ground beef mixture; cook and stir until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir kidney beans and black beans into into ground beef sauce and simmer, stirring occasionally, until filling flavours have blended, about 20 minutes.
- Lastly, spoon filling into lettuce leaves.
Apart from it being a healthy alternative to wraps, you can have fun with it and switch up the ingredients to suit your tastes if you like. Instead of mince you could use chicken strips. If you are not into the spicy taste you could swap in some honey or even sweet chili, and experience best of both worlds.