Hello everyone. Chicken Tikka Masala is our recipe for this week. Its another addition to our curry themed recipe month. It not only tastes great, but smells even better. I believe you will enjoy it greatly. It takes a total of 2 and half hours to prepare, but it is well worth the wait. Apart from the time it takes to make, it is relatively easy to bring all the tasteful ingredients together, with a combination of different spices, lemon juice and yogurt in the mix this will be one awesome dish to make. Feel free to pin this, share it and show us your take on the dish once you’ve given it a go. Try one of our lamb and beef curry dishes as well for other options.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- one teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 long skewers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- one clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- two teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- one can tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Prep 30 m
Cook 50 m
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute.
- Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 3 teaspoons salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream.
- Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro.